Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday slump......

So... I'm sick. This started Sunday, with nausea, and a very sore throat; turned into chills and an even sorer throat.... so I went to the health center Monday, where they told me I was running a 100.6 fever and then proceeded to strep test and blood test me for mono.... Really? is this really my life? Like seriously, the busiest time of the f-ing semester and I get really sick. My blood test results aren't in yet.. or maybe they are and the health center (being that they are AWFUL) just hasn't called me to give me the good or bad news. I guess I should be grateful that my teachers understand. I felt bad missing class this week, since I've already missed well over the amount I'm allowed to miss in a semester.

Of course I haven't missed work. I'm here now. Dying. But I need the money so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do... It's quiet here, so its not like its taxing or anything. Its a bit much for me to be getting up and down to get package for students, but I haven't had too many this evening. I'm so not looking forward to Jimmy Johns tomorrow night. And knowing Jim, I'll ask him if I can leave early and he'll say yes.. but I'll still end up closing. When will the lies stop??

**RANT** Why do people feel the need to stand me up, tell me they will be somewhere I ask them to and not show up, break promises, or not return my phone calls when I need to talk to them? Do I really deserve that? What have I done? I try to be a good friend, and be there when they absolutely need me to be, if someone needs advice I try to give them the most neutral solution possible... But JESU CRISTO!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FOR ONCE JUST DO WHAT THE FUCK THEY TELL ME THEY ARE GOING TO DO?????.. whew... had to get that out.

For the first time in a long time, I listened to India Arie's entire album, Acoustic Soul.. It was such a breath of fresh air. Her voice and the way she feels about music and life and love just make me feel like everything is right in the world. If there is anyone I aspire to be like as an artist, it's her. (and maybe Beyonce.... but that's the lala fierce talking inside of me) I mean the way her voice fits so perfectly over her acoustic guitar gives me chills. Its smooth, yet very sultry, but still innocent. Every song she sings has a message and they are all positive... If you don't know about India, you need to get in. Cuz she's the business.

Roommates are having a party this weekend... And, I just don't want to be there. Thank God I'm working hehe. The last party we had was just too much. Drunk Theatre people in a very confined space can get very melodramatic. People making out with.... ew. Portraits coming up missing. Drunkards throwing up in the bathroom. Like I said, too much but, clearly, that would be happening at any party. And I'm also glad I don't have rehearsal this weekend. Meaning, I can rest ALL DAY Saturday which is what I need to do.

stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment