Monday, March 28, 2011

2 More months... and a frequent use of the word IMPORTANT.

I can not believe that we are days away from April. I cant remember January and February at all. I mean, I remember a few things, but nothing of real importance. Probably because nothing too important happened during those months.

BUT, as always, a lot has happened in the last week. I realized recently that maybe I've been caring too much, if that's possible. As you know, I've been really stressed out, mainly because of my financial situation, but honestly I think I've learned a huge lesson here: LEARN HOW TO BUDGET...

But more importantly, I've learned a lesson that I don't think many people get the privilege of learning.

When things are too easy, we forget everything. We forget about dieting, we forget about museums, we forget about parks, and walking, and riding a bus just to see whats above ground. And sometimes the Universe has to give us a VERY hard lessen to learn: In order to truly value our success, we must first start from scratch. Without influences, teachings, theories....

I've been so wrapped up in how awful everything has been for me, that I have forgotten the little things.. The important things.

I have people in my life who obviously see my potential, even when I don't, and have helped me in ways that I could have never imagined. Yeah, its been hard, but honestly, it has not been NEARLY that bad.

And so, as Spring so often makes us, I'm going to start looking at the positives, because ultimately, I am in charge of my journey and I decide what kind of energy I'm going to surround myself with.

Spring Cleaning...... But not just clothes, papers, shoes, clutter... But Spring Cleaning my energy and not allowing trivial things, or people, get in the way of my journey.

For a while, I thought that I was plateauing and that I was just giving in to what I thought was to be my new path.. but its not.. Its only a detour, or rather, a different approach to getting where I'm meant to be.

I look around me and I see a lot of waste. So many people take for granted the things that they have... If only they would open their hearts and see that most of the stuff they have, they don't really need. I cant tell you how many times I throw away uneaten food from my refrigerator.. At first, I was pissed because it was just sitting there rotting and taking up space.. but that quickly turned into sadness... Because for the past couple months, I've eaten eggs, and whatever else was inexpensive at the store.. And to think, that the people in my life will buy food, pretend to eat it and then let it sit for weeks without being touched, really did something to my spirit. It made me value things more, especially food. SOO much is wasted in America and it just sucks that most people will never notice it... because it will never directly affect them.. Or, maybe it will.. but most people just see it as a draught, or being "poor" and they dint look at it as a lessen..

Believe me, it is always a lessen, it is always a test... and it is only what we take from it that matters.. It either keeps up stuck, or it helps us grow.

I choose to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment